- I spent a lunch hour a few weeks ago coping with a bad day by registering for running races. Here’s what on tap:
- Trail 5k April 21st
- Greenland Open Space 8 miler (trail) on May 5h
- BoulderBoulder 10k on May 29th
And possibly the 10 mile Tough Mudder in Beaver Creek in June. I mean, why not, right? I think I’ll be a little bummed at Greenland that I’m not doing the 50k option (“after all” says the me of 5 years ago “why race if you’re not going long?”) but I’ve no interest in actually doing long training runs, so! Thereyago.
- I loved doing the Incline and the subsequent run down the mountain and all, but hoooo boy did it KILL me. My quads and stabilizing calf muscles are dead. DEAD. I have spent this week whimpering every time I’ve stood up from my desk. Walking around corners is painful as my ankles no long want to work to stablize me, so much so that I legit wore compression socks under my work clothes this week, just to make it through the day. Awesome. To say that I’m not in peak running shape would not be a particularly slanderous statement.
- I’m not particularly awesome at running or Crossfit – I mean, I show up, I try hard, but let’s be real, it’s not like I’mwinningor anything. I’m OK with this because I like the effort and I like subsequent results it has in my mood and jeans size (what?), but I have to tell you: I made the leader board* for my gym’s Daniel* workout, and well, that feel pretty fantastic.
* Leader board: fastest times for a given workout are posted on a white board, including the date and name of when /who completed it
* Daniel: Complete the following exercises in order, for time:
- 50 pull ups
- 400 m run
- 21 thrusters @ 65lbs
- 800 m run
- 21 thrusters @65lbs
- 400m run
- 50 pull ups
And with that: Happy Friday, y’all. My stepdaughter’s spring break starts today and we’re heading into the mountains to see if we can find ANY snow left. (unlikely, but worth a shot.) (Oh! Which reminds me! The other day my stepdaughter texted me, all: “Have you ever seen Titanic?” and I was all “Girl, PLEASE.” I mean, seriously! Who hasn’t seen Titanic? (Um. 15 year olds who were not alive when it came out, that’s who.) This is just like the time she looked up from a Friends re-run and was like “Wait? Ross and Rachel dated?” and then I died, because, honestly, KIDS THESE DAYS and their COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR CULTURE)